Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moses

I am looking forward to spending time with Moses this week!

This Week’s Scripture: Exodus 3:1-7:6

Today’s Scripture Reading: Exodus 3:1-4:13

My Thoughts: I have no doubt that Moses had a heart that wanted to obey God, but his mind wouldn’t let go of his imperfect speech. He kept focusing on his limitations over and over. He lost the strength of his faith. God gave him signs of His power and still Moses felt he would fail God. Moses was agitated and fearful and at the same time His heart seemed heavy realizing he had to meet God’s expectations. Yet Moses could not get beyond himself to go to Pharoah to ask him to let the Isaraelites leave Egypt.

I have experienced the same mind vs. heart dilemma as Moses. There have been times when my heart wanted to do what God was asking of me and the words rehearsed in my mind made me feel powerfully inadequate.

Instead of being sent to confront Pharoah, I have felt challenged to do this Scripture blog. My mind kept me focused for some time on the knowledge I lacked as I studied and pondered over the scriptures to arrive at a daily post. I kept pressing on, in spite of my self-doubts, as I felt a strong desire in my heart to keep it going. I don’t know when it happened, but God led me to understand that what He wanted was simpler to do than I had envisioned. He was asking me to meet Him in His Word daily and invite someone else to join us. He will be there and He will lead us through.

No matter where we are on our journey through the Scriptures, we can help each other grow in our faith and in our relationship with God. Who do you know that you might invite to join us?

I have learned that God is so much bigger than I allow Him to be in my life sometimes! I need to let go of myself. I can trust God to give me what I need for Him to work through me to accomplish what He wants.
Moses learned this long before me!

Scripture I am thinking on now: “…My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

Pray using your own words: Allow God to be bigger in your life! What do you sense God asking of you? What inadequacy do you feel? What keeps you from being or doing less than what God desires of you? Ask God to help you work through your imperfection and strengthen your faith
to trust in His power.

Blog Comments: What message did you get while reading today’s Scripture? Today’s reading has many topics to consider. Please email or leave your comments today.

No comments: