Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Anna, A Life Filled With God

This Week’s Scripture: Luke 2:21-40 NIV

My Thoughts: I am humbled and fascinated by Anna’s passionate worship. It was a lifetime commitment to praise and worship God from an ordinary person unaware that God had an extraordinary plan. She opened herself to be used by God. I keep thinking of her praying, fasting and worshiping through every day. The joy she must have experienced spending time with God in the way she did!

Anna filled her days, pretty much her whole lifetime with God! God was all she needed. Anna didn’t merely go through the motions of worship when she felt she needed to be close to God or celebrate special occasions. Anna worshiped God in spite of what was going on in her life. As Anna grew from a young woman to an elderly woman I’m sure she had a lot going on in her mind and body. Because of her faith, prayers, and obedience, God provided for her and allowed her to be a part of what He was doing.

The Spirit opened Anna’s eyes to see and recognize Jesus Christ which further shows that she was certainly a woman of God. God brought Anna and Christ together for a purpose. What did she immediately do when she saw Jesus? She began to praise God for the Messiah. She began to witness about Jesus to those around her right away, right when she met Him! She was not afraid to tell others about Christ and the salvation He would bring. God was working in and through Anna powerfully because she was a willing servant.

Anna’s story fills me with hope. The simple acts of faith, prayer, and obedience is what God is looking to find in my life; living a life as a child of God walking, worshiping and telling others of the freedom Christ can give them. I am definitely a work in progress. But I know God is seeking me as I am seeking Him. Knowing that is what fills me with hope.

Scripture for Today: Yet a time is coming and has now come
when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth,for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. John 4:23

No comments: