Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moses

This Week’s Scripture: Exodus 3:1-7:6

Today’s Scripture Reading: Exodus 5

My Thoughts: Moses, though reluctant, obeyed and carried out God’s plan with the help of Aaron. We can see the close relationship God and Moses had through their conversations. Although God wasn’t happy about Moses’ reluctance to follow through, He gave Moses what he needed to carry his part of God’s plan through.

I had no idea in mid August where or what I would bring to our reading and thinking. One morning I wanted something different than my usual devotional to start the day. I spotted The Story on my shelf which I had begun reading earlier in the week. I noted a bookmark where I had left off and opened to the page. It was Moses’ story. As I read I began to see my own self in Moses. My struggle with feelings of inadequacy yet my desire to do what I felt I was to do. I began to see how God was working in my life as a result of a slice of Moses’ story.

The thoughts that went through my mind as I read about Moses seemed like a good start for my blog. I have been sharing my thoughts in this week’s blog. It occurred to me that if Moses gave me life lessons then I could discover more life lessons in the lives of other people in the Scriptures. It sounded like a plan was coming together for my blog and one I was excited to plunge in to.

It is exciting when something pops out at me as I read God’s Word. It’s usually words I need to hear and think about. Other people have mentioned the same thing happens to them. Have you heard that you should, “meet God in the scriptures?” What I have described is how God speaks through the scriptures. They are His words. Read the daily passages with me and let me know what thoughts or Scripture God puts on your heart.

Stay close to God as Moses did. You can be assured that when God asks you to do something, He will give you exactly what you need.

Scripture I am thinking on today: Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)

Pray using your own words: Thank God that you can trust that He will give you what you need; that He will guide and direct you on the right path, His path. Ask Him to help you find your place to use your gifts to honor Him. Ask Him to help you give up controlling your life on your own and learning to rely more on trusting Him.

Blog Comments: There are many thoughts to consider in the scripture passages we are reading. What message did you receive while reading today’s Scripture? Please email or leave your comments today.

No comments: