Friday, September 4, 2009

Moses

This Week’s Scripture: Exodus 3:1-7:6

Today’s Scripture Reading: Exodus 6:1-13; 6:28-7:6

My thoughts: The Isaraelites were so discouraged and fearful that they couldn’t hear what Moses was telling them. God hardened Pharoah’s heart. Pharoah wouldn’t budge on the request to free the Isaraelites from the land of Egypt.

Moses wondered what he was to do because Pharoah as well as the Israelites weren’t listening. God made it known to Moses he was only being asked to deliver the message to the Israelites and the request to Pharoah. He, God, would free the Isaraelites and be their God. He would perform miraculous signs and wonders through Moses and Aaron before Pharoah to carry His plan to completion. This was so that the Egyptians would know that it was God who freed the Israelites.

I had a lot of “what ifs” to keep me wondering if the commitment of writing and posting day after day on a blog was really going to touch anyone for Him. What if only a few people read the blog? What if I spent a lot of time reading, studying, and writing and no one listens? For eight months I have had no idea how many people have visited my blog. People have commented in passing so I am aware of some people using the site. Friends have mentioned that they have had difficulty posting comments. So I entered my email address. I welcome and am encouraged by the email conversations I have received regarding the daily posts.

Amidst my discouragement God made it clear to me that the blog was not about me and my feelings. Surprise! He is only asking me to do the daily posts. He will do the rest, the touching of hearts of those who come. Further, I have a lot to learn about Him so He will be teaching me as I spend time writing the posts! Now that is exciting!

I clearly heard that He is God and I’m not. Now, I know that and you know that but sometimes we expect ourselves to do it all. We don’t need to. We just need to “be still and know that [He is] God” (Psalm 46:10 NIV).

I shared my story this week with the hope that it may be an encouragement to someone else. When you feel small and inadequate, God sees you and knows you. God loves you and wants you to trust Him. He “will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus”
(Philippians 4:19). I have learned to not hesitate to step out of a comfort zone. He will be there for you!

Meet God in His Word daily. You don’t want to miss what he has to say and even more so, what he has to say TO you. Reading His Words builds faith and is a reminder that He is the same yesterday and today and forever
(Hebrews 13:8 NIV). He took care of Moses and the Israelites in their time and He will take care of YOU now.

I hope you will read the rest of Exodus, the story of how God freed His people from Egyptian bondage through the ministry of His chosen, Moses. There is so much more about Moses we could talk about. I chose to talk about Moses’ struggles with his limitations because I also let my inadequacies get in my way at times. But we can rest in what we know, God is good…all the time!

Think on this week’s Verses. Memorize your favorite.
“…My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

Job answered God: "I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans.”
(Job 42:2 The Message)

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all."
(Proverbs 3:5 The Message)

“…be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10 NIV).

Pray using your own words: Be thankful for God’s patience when you lose the strength of your faith to trust in Him. Ask Him to help you listen and keep on track with who He wants you to be. Ask Him to help you know in your heart that He will give you all you need; that He will make your imperfections perfect for what He is calling you to do.

Blog Comments: I would enjoy getting a conversation going for those visiting this site. Thank you for persevering through the security process for posting your comment. Security is in place to keep out spam. You can also send me email by clicking on the connection in the right column.

No comments: