Monday, June 29, 2009

Prayer

Jesus Prayed in Solitary Places

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35 (NIV)

Scripture Comments: Do you have a quiet place to pray? Are you willing to get up early in the morning when it is still dark to pray? Have you thought of leaving your house, your friends and family, to find a quiet, solitary place to pray? What would it look like for you to spend quiet time talking and listening to God every day? Don’t wish for the time and place to spend in prayer, make it happen. It is the most important conversation you will have to help you jump over hurdles during your day.
Post your thoughts today…

1 comment:

Judy Webb said...

Hi Judy,
Yes, yes, yes! I must have my personal, one-on-one, quiet time with God. When I do this first, and that often requires planning on my part, the day will be a good one. Not necessarily free from trouble, but I am now armed with God's Word and I feel His presence as I tackle the daily duties and difficulties of this life.

Sounds pretty trite, doesn't' it? It may be trite, but for me it is true. I think there is a pun there somewhere but I am going to ignore it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts today.

Judy too