Monday, March 30, 2009

Thoughts on the Way to the Cross

Jesus Predicts His Death

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Matthew 16:21 (NIV)

Scripture Thoughts: Jesus predicted His own death. The time came when Jesus knew He had to prepare His disciples. He began teaching them what was ahead so they would not be surprised by the coming events. He had to suffer and be killed “and on the third day be raised to life.” He knew that the “elders, chief priests and teachers of the law” would oppose Him. These people should have recognized Him and led the people to rejoice in His, the Messiah’s, arrival.

When and how did you come to know Jesus as your Messiah?

Please journal your comments on this scripture.

1 comment:

Bullock, Kathy said...

To answer your question, my story is very special to me. I saw Drew's behavior change dramatically after he came to Christ. I saw a peace about him that raised my curiosity. The family that helped him find Jesus connected me with a home Bible study group. A friend saw I was seeking and invited me to attend a Beth Moore conference in Akron in June of 2000. On the second day ,Beth said "let it go!", words that cut deep into my heart and gave me permission to forgive myself for a wrong doing I had been aching about for nearly 30 years. She reminded me that Christ had paid my dues in full,something I had not grasped fully until that moment. I had always been taught that good works would do me well when I stood before God someday. Could I ever be good enough? NO! I praise Him for washing me clean and the Holy Spirit taking up residence in my life!!