Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jesus' Faithfulness

"A green Shoot will sprout from Jesse's stump, from his roots a budding Branch.The life-giving Spirit of God will hover over him, the Spirit that brings wisdom and understanding,The Spirit that gives direction and builds strength, the Spirit that instills knowledge and Fear-of-God. Fear-of-God will be all his joy and delight. He won't judge by appearances, won't decide on the basis of hearsay. He'll judge the needy by what is right, render decisions on earth's poor with justice. His words will bring everyone to awed attention. A mere breath from his lips will topple the wicked. Each morning he'll pull on sturdy work clothes and boots, and build righteousness and faithfulness in the land." Isaiah 11:1-5 (MSG)

Post Comment: What are your thoughts on our Lord God’s faithfulness?

1 comment:

Judy Mathis said...

Sleep can be a challenge as I walk through this tough time. “Do not worry about tomorrow…”; “Never will I leave you…”; “…cast all your anxiety on the Lord”; “God is always faithful.” These words and many more began flowing into my mind during one night of lying wide awake. I don’t remember when I fell asleep but I slept through the night. Instead of focusing on and rehearsing the things that have been in my day, I just need to focus on Jesus and His Word. His Words bring comfort, peace and a reminder that I am not alone. I keep His Words before me all day. Especially Isaiah 43:1b-3 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God…” God is with me. God is faithful…always!