Wednesday, October 21, 2009

God's Blessings

Have you noticed the blaze of color that surrounds you? The leaves on the trees seem to have turned overnight and the cold weather has encouraged them to hang on for a while.

Yesterday I took a shortcut through a neighborhood to get to our home. As I rounded a curve, I was startled by a huge tree. It stood by itself, completely filling a front yard. It thrust a bright sunshine of yellow leaves into the sky. It was breathtaking.

I was driving to make my way home but my eyes were drawn to all of the trees lining the streets and the mixtures of color. I decided to take an extra loop around the neighborhood to enjoy more and give my mind a break from the day’s routine. It was a great distraction and I felt recharged when I pulled into the driveway.

I thank God for putting this display in front of me. This beautiful distraction reminded me to pause in my hectic day and praise Him for His awesome blessings. I need to pause during each day to refresh my heart. I need to thank Him for the blessings I have received and those that are new with each day. God is good to me…all the time!


Scripture for Today: I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. Psalm 86:12 (NIV)

No comments: