Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God is With Me

My Thoughts: It happened in just seconds. Looking out the window of the plane as we were landing, I noticed another plane taking off on the same runway almost below us.

I grabbed my husband’s arm. I managed to say, “We’re not going to…”

My response was cut short by the sharp upward turning of our plane. My ears closed as I felt the pressure inside the cabin increase. The eerie crackle of the plane under the stress of being forced up mimicked my own response to being lifted unexpectedly. I felt my hands grasp the arms of my seat.

As the plane shook, luggage shifted and alarms rang, my attention shifted to a puff of air on my cheek. It was refreshing and comforting in spite of what was happening.

In my head I heard a familiar soft firm voice speak, “It is okay. I am here.”

After what seemed to be forever, the plane leveled off, made a wide circle back to the airport and landed. I noticed how calm, kind, and patient people were as they left their seats to depart from the plane. All was okay. Peace had replaced fear.

The experience confirmed that wherever I am, God is with me to protect me and care for me.

Scripture Thought:
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139:9-10 (NIV)

No comments: