Friday, January 9, 2009

Romans 8:35

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?...

Romans 8:35 has special meaning for me. Please read my comment and post yours...let's have a conversation.

Spending time with my mother during her final days, I felt very alone with an overwhelming sadness. During one visit I experienced God with me and with mom in ways that were unexplainable under the circumstance. I experienced God’s presence. I experienced His comfort, peace and love. From that day forward I have had a habit of looking to see where God is whatever my circumstance. It is awesome! When I show my weakness, going off on my own, He draws me back. He shows me that it is better to allow Him to be in charge. It seems that nothing can separate me from God, except me. God is still there. I know He will never leave me. And I thank Him for His patience, grace and forgiveness when my faith shows my weaknesses.

1 comment:

Judy Webb said...

Good Morning Judy,
Thank you for sharing your heart this morning. I to have a moment in time when I felt God nearby, actually felt his hand on my shoulder. I was having a pity party one day and reflecting on my father and how I felt I missed so much because of his alcoholism. I was so grateful that for the relationship my grandsons had with their fathers, but I found myself grieving the lack of relationship with my own father. It was at that moment I distinctly felt a hand on my should and I felt the words in my spirit saying, "I am your Father". That was a turning point in my recovery.
Have a blessed day,
Judy too