Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday: Learn a Life of Love

"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that." (Ephesians 5:1-2 The Message)

Post Comment: "Mostly what God does is love you".
What thoughts come to mind reading these words?
Talk it out!


Pray: Praise and thank God for His loving care.
Ask for His help to follow His example of loving others.

1 comment:

Judy Mathis said...

It has been good to look at love closely this week. We have only read a bit of the scripture on love. I have heard the voice in my brain remind me this week that “God IS love”. I have read that mostly what God does is love me and He wants me to love others as He loves me; even my enemies. I realize I have a lot to work out in my life regarding the way I should be loving towards others. It is beyond loving with emotions and feelings. It involves a real choice of caring for the well being of others. I am to love others with no conditions and regardless of circumstances. I do praise and thank God for His love. I do ask for Him to help me and to keep my eyes open to His example. I know He will work within me to help me grow. At this point I am thinking how grateful I am that He is a very patient God because it is going to take a lot of work and perseverance! I pray you have been blessed this week!