Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Choose Your Today

“How are you today?”

I smiled at the clerk and responded, “I am fine. How are you today?”

As my eyes met hers, her face lit up and with enthusiasm she reported that she was doing great.

“I start every day telling myself it’s going to be a great day. I continue telling myself throughout the day that it will be a great day. It works. I always have a great day.”

The clerk showed me the aisle to find what I was looking for as we continued our conversation. She disappeared around the corner.

As I drove home, I kept thinking about our conversation. It is true for me as well. My day goes better when I decide, right at the beginning of my day, that it is going to be a great day.

In the spring and summer when the sun comes through my window, it is easy to greet the day with a smile and a prayer. Now that fall is here and winter approaches, I am missing that sunny reminder. But enjoying an extra few minutes of warmth under the blanket now gives me a perfect place to be thankful for the day.

Scripture Thought for Today: Rejoice in the Lord always.
I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4 (NIV)

No comments: