Saturday, October 1, 2011

Prayer: Jesus Told His Disciples to Always Pray

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1 (NIV)

Jesus gave this instruction to His closest followers: pray always and with persistence.

Knowing this each of us should ask ourselves: Am I persistent in prayer… praying every day? Do I pray during the good times as well as when facing hard times, conflict, and challenges?

What can I do to commit more time in my day to talk and listen to God? If I find myself not spending time with God each day, what has replaced him in my life? What has become more important? What obstacles do I need to remove?

Jesus directed his disciples to “always pray.”  As His disciples we are to do the same. 

How different each of our days would be if we persistantly set aside time for prayer!

No comments: