Sunday, September 19, 2010

What are you Doing Today? Romans 15:23-33

As a teenager I knew I wanted to participate in foreign mission activities. I studied my Bible, went to talks given by missionaries, and became pen pals to several missionaries. Through the years, opportunities to actually go on a mission trip never materialized. I don't know when it happened, but I realized God was not calling me to serve in the mission field. He changed the desire of my heart by making me aware of other things He wanted me to do. Knowing this helped me get onto the path He had planned for my life.

Paul yearned to go to Rome. He would see His fellow Christians, fellowship with them, and encourage them in their faith. Being with them would be very pleasing and refreshing to Paul. God, however, had work for Paul elsewhere. He was needed to be a messenger of charity for the poor among the believers in Jerusalem. Paul, without question, reset his priorities to do the will of God first. He would go to Rome, but the trip was planned for later.

Paul knew that his life, his joy, depended on the will of God, "so that by God's will I may come to you with joy." (v. 32a)


Prayer:
Lord, help me make it my heart's desire to please you in what I do today and every day. Help me reset my priorities to get onto the path you have laid out for me today and for the rest of my life. Amen

I enjoy hearing from you. Email your comments directly to me, here.

Read today's text, Romans 15:23-33, on Biblegateway. Use the return arrow to come back to this page.

No comments: